Saturday, January 5, 2008

Better Late Than Never

The topic of New Year's resolutions has been dancing around in my head for the past few days. In my almost daily blog reading I see that many of my fellow bloggers have listed out their resolutions for 2008.

So I've been asking myself what life style changes should I incorporate in 2008. What is my plan? How can I improve the quality of my life? I've decide to use this blog to memorialize my intentions for 2008. Here they go in no particular order:

1. Lose 40 pounds. Plain and simple my eating and diet are off the hook. I have a plan which I will blog about a little later. I know what to do and how to do it. I just need to get off my lazy a*z and stop making excuses.

2. Save money. Again this isn't rocket science. I need to stay out the stores because we need more space. LuvBug needs some growing room!

3. Be kind to myself. I know because of items 1 & 2 I tend to be hard on myself. I'm going to talk to my spiritual center and really determine what makes me tick.

4. Grow my new position. As I stated in a previous entry I'm moving into a new position at my current job and I'm going make the most of this opportunity that was afforded to me.

5. Exercise more patience. Sometimes when things aren't going my way I tend to be short with those close to me. That's mainly the LuvBug. I will work on relaxing and releasing.

Cliche as the above may seem I know these changes will do a lot for helping me be the best me I can be.

2 comments:

The Fashionista said...

You should try Bikram Yoga. It will help you tremendously, physically and mentally. It's been two years since I've practiced yoga because of the baby, and I can tell the difference. So, in the next couple weeks I'll be back at it.

Black Wombmyn Chat said...

Good luck to you in your quest for self-improvement! As for The Fashionista's suggestion, that sounds awesome!