Monday, January 21, 2008

Brrrrrr....

Hey baby it's cold outside. I mean down to the bone chilling cold. This morning during my pedi I skipped having my toes painted because I didn't want to walk outside with my flip flops.

But on the serious side while having a quiet "alone" moment I thought of how lucky I truly am. And how the only inconvenience the cold caused me was not having brightly colored toes but there are people forced to take shelter or figure out how they will keep their families warm overnight.

My heart thinks about that Mom whose only source of heat is an oven or space heater. My heart thinks about the homeless person that would rather build a makeshift tent than risk being harmed in a violent shelter. My heart thinks about those children whose parents could not afford to purchase coats, hats and gloves. These thoughts surrounded me all day and all I could do is to thank God for His grace and love.

As you reflect today just give thanks and reflect on truly how lucky you are.

Peace!

2 comments:

*Tanyetta* said...

Very thought provoking.

Eb the Celeb said...

Too cold...its an understatement

I thought I was going out sunday night and then I watched the news and they said it was going to be artic temperatures... thats all I needed to hear and I stayed cuddled up right in my bed.