Saturday, December 29, 2007

It's Better at Home

Last night was girls night out. We had a great Japanese dinner and then ventured to a "Flirty 30s and Naughty 40s party". Plan and simple it was an old school party for the 30 and 40 something crowd. No Soulja Boy, Chris Brown or Rihanna.

Overall the party was cool. I saw lots of folks that I hadn't seen in years. I was especially glad to see a dear friend and her husband that I had lost touch with over the last year. She being a mom to a preteen and me with LuvBug our schedules are different. The great thing is that our conversation flowed as if we spoke last week.

Seeing she and her hubby made me miss Mr. Curls. I sent him a text message asking to join us at the party. His response was hang with your girls, schedule dinner with dear friends and he'll see me when I get home.

Watching the couples, observing the flirtation between the singles and having no one to share funny quibbles left me a little empty.

I can honestly say that the whole club party thing is a part of my past. Being a Naughty 40 is making choices and being unapologetic for doing only those things that bring you pure happiness.

I know life is about balance. Next time I'll tell the girls yes for dinner but I'll pass on "da club".

1 comment:

Black Wombmyn Chat said...

"Being a Naughty 40 is making choices and being unapologetic for doing only those things that bring you pure happiness."

I love that! Sounds like a plan to me!