Monday, September 17, 2007

Go Figure

My husband is angry with me because he broke the TV in our bedroom. No your eyes haven't deceived you; this fool ain't half way speaking because he broke the TV.

Funny thing is that I wasn't in the house when he dropped said TV. When I returned from exercising, the LuvBug announced to me "that Daddy broke the television and deserved a spanking". *In my mature voice* I explained that "we all have accidents, it's no big thing and it'd be okay". But this fool is still salty.

Now don't get wrong pre-LuvBug my temper was to be reckoned with. This juvenile behavior would have caused me to blackout. I'd get all frustrated by his shortness with me. No more!

Mommyhood has changed me. I'm more thoughtful with my actions and words. I try to stay conscious of the WORDS my little one is exposed to. I'm not talking about being a push over or wimpy; I'm talking about being a grown azz woman. I'm talking about picking battles and not letting HIS stuff be MY stuff.

He'll get over it.

1 comment:

Fergie said...

Hey There. This marriage thing is such a journey, and I am learning everyday. Picking your battles is one excellent lesson to learn.

Thanks for stopping by my spot. Come back real soon.