Sunday, September 16, 2007

Outta Sorts...

Don't know what's wrong but lately I've been a little outta of sorts. Perhaps PMS is the culprit although I'm thinking the the source of my angst is my dang job.

I swear I work at the most dysfunctional place in America. I mean this place is the stuff that would make a good plot for those chiterling circuit aka "Why My Man Did Me Wrong?" and "I Ain't Trying to Be a Golddigger" plays. Crazy fo'real...

I think at the root of the problem is that there is a sharp contrast between the agency's mission and the way senior management treats it's staff. Ya see, my agency is supposed to be in the building strong stable families business. Not the humiliating and disrespecting staff business. More specifically, there is one senior manager that has run amuck in his department. I mean this guy is a clown. Sadly, the women (most are single parents) feel powerless and voiceless because they need their jobs and benefits.

It's sad! No, it's killing me softly. It sounds drastic but each time I enter my office a piece of my creativity, energy, optimism and brain power leaves my body. Sapped...

I'm down but not out. I'm survivor and over the last two weeks I have hired a career counselor. So far, we have discussed my work history and are completing some get to know you exercises.

I know that my work with this counselor is not just about a career transition but about a personal transition. It's about becoming the woman I was put on this earth to be.

It is my time to emerge from the warm safe cocoon...it's time to fly butterfly.

No comments: