Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Flip That House

My house has come undone. What was supposed to be a routine delivery of a couch, chair and stove (odd combination, I know) has turned into a bad episode of Design on a Dime, Design Star and Color Splash.

You see we live in a old two family home. This house has been in our family for years and my auntie lives on the first floor; we live on the second and third levels. Great starter space for our young family.

The problem is that we have narrow stairwells and doors. I'm sure that when the place was built there was no thoughts of 50 inch plasmas, mega refrigerators or overstuffed couches.

Well, last Saturday the furniture delivery men couldn't move our furniture thru the second floor landing. They pushed & pulled but to no avail. So, DH says to me "I'm going to knock out the living room door so that we can get the furniture in. *I'm thinking what the fugg is happening here.* DH again, "the door must come out", "it's too small", "it's not practical". Mind you, this is all with a couch and chair rammed all up in my front stairwell. Of course, the delivery guys had long gone. Making matters worse, is that shortly thereafter the guys came to deliver my new stove. After assessing the situation they too proceed to inform us that they couldn't bring the stove thru the rear entry and we had to reschedule when the front entry was clear. Argh!

Just as an update, the furniture is off the steps and in my living room. DH was able to get his weekend warrior on and freshen up some painting, add molding and begin repairing the door.

I'll post pictures later.

Holla back,

2 comments:

Nerd Girl said...

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by my spot and commenting. I look forward to dropping in and seeing what's happening in your world. Take care!

Lisa R Charles said...

Looking forward to seeing the pictures!